Weather + Environment
"I’m driven to document extreme weather in all forms: blizzards, hurricanes, supercells, shelf clouds. "
Storm chasing blends photography and extreme weather. Being out in the field in bad conditions capturing video and stills brings me professional and artistic joy. Weather and light make beautiful art and the only way to capture it is get out and experience first hand.
Whether capturing stills for John Bulmer Photography, or video for Nor'easter Films. the environment has been a source of fascination for me since I was a child. Chasing weather has provided me with sights and experiences that most people don't get to see and continues to be my preferred form of photography.
John has chased all forms extreme weather from hurricanes and coastal storms in New England to extreme gales in Iceland.
My weather images have been featured by various television, web, and print media.
- View current weather-related work at: 518 Weather
- 518 Weather WX Resources Page
- Weather video and documentary at Nor'easter Films
- You can follow my chases live on RadarScope or The Spotter Network
- Live Streaming Storm Chase Video at Periscope.TV/johnbulmer
- Learn more about SKYWARN at SKYWARN.ORG
- Learn more about the World Meteorological Organization at www.wmo.int
- Learn more about the International Sky Atlas at Wikipedia and wmo-cloudatlas.org
© 1999-2018 John Bulmer Photography | Saratoga, New York | 1.866.317.6777